Re: received immediate shutdown request caused cluster failover

От Yi Sun
Тема Re: received immediate shutdown request caused cluster failover
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

Thank you for your reply

Patroni replied this:

"It seems your system is under so much stress that there was no resources for Patroni to execute HA loop for 35 seconds.
This interval exceeds ttl=30s, therefore the leader key expired, Patroni noticed it and demoted Postgres.

You need to figure out what is going on with your system, and what is the reason for cpu/memory pressure. Ideally fix these issues."

As company hundreds of clusters use ansible deployments use same parameters, change parameters for 1 cluster is difficult

I just think maybe can get top sql from pg_stat_statements as below then analyse and tuning

Is it correct direction? Any suggestions please, thanks

1 time IO SQL TOP 5
select userid::regrole, dbid, query from pg_stat_statements order by (blk_read_time+blk_write_time)/calls desc limit 5;

total IO SQL TOP 5
select userid::regrole, dbid, query from pg_stat_statements order by (blk_read_time+blk_write_time) desc limit 5;

1 time long SQL TOP 5
select userid::regrole, dbid, query from pg_stat_statements order by mean_time desc limit 5;

total time long SQL TOP 5
select userid::regrole, dbid, query from pg_stat_statements order by total_time desc limit 5;

average time long SQL TOP 5
select calls, total_time/calls AS avg_time, left(query,80) from pg_stat_statements order by 2 desc limit 5;

stddev time SQL
select userid::regrole, dbid, query from pg_stat_statements order by stddev_time desc limit 5;

share block SQL
select userid::regrole, dbid, query from pg_stat_statements order by (shared_blks_hit+shared_blks_dirtied) desc limit 5;

temp blk SQL
select userid::regrole, dbid, query from pg_stat_statements order by temp_blks_written desc limit 5;

Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> 于2020年11月20日周五 下午2:17写道:
Yi Sun <yinan81@gmail.com> writes:
> Besides command run(like pg_ctl) can cause "received immediate shutdown
> request"  any other reason can cause this please?

That message indicates that something sent the postmaster process a
SIGQUIT signal (which is all that "pg_ctl stop -m immediate" does).
There's no speculation to that: a look at postmaster.c will convince
you that there is no other way to reach that message.  So you need
to be looking for things that would be sending SIGQUIT unexpectedly.

I don't know much about Patroni, but maybe something in that
environment thinks that SIGQUIT'ing random processes is a good
thing to do.

Сообщение: Re: Determine if postgresql cluster running is primary or not
Сообщение: Re: Determine if postgresql cluster running is primary or not