Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Excerpts from Kevin Grittner's message of vie jun 04 14:53:17 -0400 2010:

> Same here.  I suspect that this is much more commonn than many
> PostgreSQL developers realize; and I think it makes a reasonable
> case for at least an *option* to quote all identifiers emitted by
> pg_dump.

I don't think "dumps must be human-readable" is an argument to reject
such a switch, as long as it's off by default.  And I haven't seen any
other valid argument either, so +1 from me.