Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading
Дата
Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading
Список pgsql-bugs
> I don't think "dumps must be human-readable" is an argument to reject
> such a switch, as long as it's off by default.  And I haven't seen any
> other valid argument either, so +1 from me.

Well as Bruce said this option won't solve the OP's problem, unless the
application he's using for managing the backups do use the option.

The current solution seems to be to use a packaging system that allows
installing several major versions at any time, and use this ability to
properly migrate data. Hint: debian does just this.

  http://manpages.debian.net/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=pg_upgradecluster
  http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/hardy/man8/pg_upgradecluster.8.html

Regards,
--
dim

Сообщение: Re: Re: BUG #5490: Using distinct for select list causes insert of timestamp string literal to fail
Сообщение: Re: Re: BUG #5490: Using distinct for select list causes insert of timestamp string literal to fail