Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading
Дата
Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading
Список pgsql-bugs
Hartmut Goebel <h.goebel@goebel-consult.de> wrote:

> The application already quotes all column names :-) It's using a
> generic framework which does not (and must not) rely on column
> names being non-keywords.

Same here.  I suspect that this is much more commonn than many
PostgreSQL developers realize; and I think it makes a reasonable
case for at least an *option* to quote all identifiers emitted by
pg_dump.

-Kevin