Re: Stefan's bug (was: max_standby_delay considered harmful)

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Stefan's bug (was: max_standby_delay considered harmful)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2010-05-18 at 16:05 +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:

> >> You should be using RecoveryInProgress()
> >
> > Isn't access to a bool variable atomic?
>
> If it's not atomic, I'll add the following comment into CancelBackup():
>
>     Don't bother with lock to access XLogCtl->SharedRecoveryInProgress,
>     because there should be no other processes running when this code
>     is reached.

Call it via a function. There is no need for postmaster to know the
innards of xlog.c, which could change in future. Modularity.

Сообщение: Re: Clarifications of licences on pgfoundry
Сообщение: Re: Clarifications of licences on pgfoundry