Re: Stefan's bug (was: max_standby_delay considered harmful)

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Stefan's bug (was: max_standby_delay considered harmful)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 3:45 PM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

>>> Yes. XLogCtl->SharedRecoveryInProgress is set to TRUE only when
>>> XLogCtl structure is initialized (i.e., XLOGShmemInit), and it's
>>> set to FALSE only at the end of recovery.
>>
>> You should be using RecoveryInProgress()
>
> Isn't access to a bool variable atomic?

If it's not atomic, I'll add the following comment into CancelBackup():
   Don't bother with lock to access XLogCtl->SharedRecoveryInProgress,   because there should be no other processes
runningwhen this code   is reached.

Thought?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Сообщение: Re: Clarifications of licences on pgfoundry
Сообщение: Re: Clarifications of licences on pgfoundry