Re: Stefan's bug (was: max_standby_delay considered harmful)

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Stefan's bug (was: max_standby_delay considered harmful)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 5:10 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

>> > Isn't access to a bool variable atomic?
>>
>> If it's not atomic, I'll add the following comment into CancelBackup():
>>
>>     Don't bother with lock to access XLogCtl->SharedRecoveryInProgress,
>>     because there should be no other processes running when this code
>>     is reached.
>
> Call it via a function. There is no need for postmaster to know the
> innards of xlog.c, which could change in future. Modularity.

In the patch, it's accessed in CancelBackup() which is in xlog.c.
CancelBackup() should call further wrapping function?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Сообщение: Re: Clarifications of licences on pgfoundry
Сообщение: Re: Clarifications of licences on pgfoundry