Re: Downgrading v8.4 database to v8.3

От Iñigo Martinez Lasala
Тема Re: Downgrading v8.4 database to v8.3
Дата
Re: Downgrading v8.4 database to v8.3  (Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine@hi-media.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Why don't you use postgres 8.4 from lenny-backports?

Lenny comes with postgres 8.3, but you can add postgresql 8.4 from backports without problem. We have our production servers with lenny and postgresql 8.4. No issues.

Detailed instructions here:
http://www.backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=instructions

Squeeze is almost ready. So, I think it's better to go with postgres 8.4 now and upgrade lenny to squeeze in a few months without taking care about postgres in the future.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Tan Boon Teck <tanboonteck@gmail.com>
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] Downgrading v8.4 database to v8.3
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 23:48:02 +0800

Hi,

I use Debian GNU/Linux on various servers. Debian Stable a.k.a. Lenny
comes with PostgreSQL v8.3 while Debian Testing a.k.a Squeeze provides
PostgreSQL v8.4.

I need to move some databases written in Psql v8.4 to the stable
production server running v8.3. I tried pg_dump and pg_restore as well
as PgAdmin3.  I am unable to do so due to the backward
incompatibility. Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks in advance.

--
Jason Tan Boon Teck

Сообщение: Re: Downgrading v8.4 database to v8.3
Сообщение: Re: Downgrading v8.4 database to v8.3