Re: PITR load on servers - increased 20%

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: PITR load on servers - increased 20%
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 10:05 +0000, Renato Oliveira wrote:

> I have been testing PITR and I have noticed a 20% increase on the load of the Disk subsystem.
>
> Is that a normal thing to expect? Have you come across this or have you noticed this increase?
>
> I know some of you guys have been using it for quite some time, would you mind in sharing your experiences, please?

I think you need to explain what things you've been testing and how.

There are some well documented bulk data load optimizations that we
cannot take advantage of when running archiving, but apart from those
the load is actually very low in normal running.