Re: password authentication failed for user postgres

От Iñigo Martinez Lasala
Тема Re: password authentication failed for user postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
dbadmin is a database user, not a Linux user.
You cannot use dbadmin in order to get logged to your machine. Only to access database.

Why are you using dbadmin to login to unix? Use root.

Configure your web app using your root user to login to postgresql with dbadmin. You will have to modify a config file somewhere in the path of this app. Read INSTALL or README files of your web app.

Use phppgadmin as alternative. It's also free and it will be probably at RedHat/CentOS repos. "yum install phppgadmin" or "up2date install phppgadmin"
Or webmin if you want to admin all server without having to use command line. http://www.webmin.com/