Re: proposal: rounding up time value less than its unit.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: proposal: rounding up time value less than its unit.
Дата
Re: proposal: rounding up time value less than its unit.  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Re: proposal: rounding up time value less than its unit.  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Three people have voted for making it an *error* to supply a value
> that needs to be rounded, instead of changing the rounding behavior.

Votes or no votes, that's a horrible idea; it breaks the design goal
that users shouldn't need to remember the precise unit size when making
postgresql.conf entries.

And I'm not sure what votes you're counting, anyway.  People's opinions
have changed as the discussion proceeded ...