Re: proposal: rounding up time value less than its unit.

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: proposal: rounding up time value less than its unit.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 10:29 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Three people have voted for making it an *error* to supply a value
>> that needs to be rounded, instead of changing the rounding behavior.
>
> Votes or no votes, that's a horrible idea; it breaks the design goal
> that users shouldn't need to remember the precise unit size when making
> postgresql.conf entries.

Not at all.  You can still supply the value in another unit as long as
it converts exactly.  If it doesn't, shouldn't you care about that?

> And I'm not sure what votes you're counting, anyway.  People's opinions
> have changed as the discussion proceeded ...

David Johnston, Peter Eisentraut, myself.  I don't see any indication
that any of those three people have reversed their opinion at any
point.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Scaling shared buffer eviction
Сообщение: Re: Scaling shared buffer eviction