Re: proposal: rounding up time value less than its unit.

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: proposal: rounding up time value less than its unit.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 1:23 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>> Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> writes:
>> > To clarify- we'll simply swap from (essentially) floor() to ceil() for
>> > handling all GUC_with_unit to internal_unit conversions, document that,
>> > and note it in the release notes as a possible behavior change and move
>> > on.
>>
>> Worksforme.
>
> Great, thanks.  I'll wait a couple days to see if anyone else wants to
> voice a concern.
>
> Tomonari, don't worry about updating the patch (unless you really want
> to) as I suspect I'll be changing around the wording anyway.  No
> offense, please, but I suspect English isn't your first language and
> it'll be simpler for me if I just handle it.  Thanks a lot for the bug
> report and discussion and I'll be sure to credit you for it in the
> commit.

Three people have voted for making it an *error* to supply a value
that needs to be rounded, instead of changing the rounding behavior.
There are not three votes for any other proposal.  (This may still be
an improvement over the current behavior, though.)

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company