Re: why partition pruning doesn't work?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: why partition pruning doesn't work?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> One thing I'm wondering about is why in the world are PartitionPruneInfo
> and its subsidiary struct types declared in primnodes.h?

Oh, and while I'm bitching: it seems like there is hardly any part of
the partitioning code in which the comments aren't desperately in need
of a copy-editing pass.  They are just chock-full of misspellings,
grammar that is faulty enough to make the meaning unclear, and/or
errors of fact.  An example of the latter is the repeated claims that
the basic partitioning functions belong to the planner.  Maybe that
was true at some stage of development; but AFAICS the logic in question
now lives in src/backend/partitioning/, which I would not think is
part of the planner.