Re: why partition pruning doesn't work?

От David Rowley
Тема Re: why partition pruning doesn't work?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10 June 2018 at 09:00, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I wrote:
>> One thing I'm wondering about is why in the world are PartitionPruneInfo
>> and its subsidiary struct types declared in primnodes.h?

That may have been a legacy thing that accidentally wasn't changed
from a previous version of the patch. I've now moved it to
plannodes.h.

> Oh, and while I'm bitching: it seems like there is hardly any part of
> the partitioning code in which the comments aren't desperately in need
> of a copy-editing pass.  They are just chock-full of misspellings,
> grammar that is faulty enough to make the meaning unclear, and/or
> errors of fact.  An example of the latter is the repeated claims that
> the basic partitioning functions belong to the planner.  Maybe that
> was true at some stage of development; but AFAICS the logic in question
> now lives in src/backend/partitioning/, which I would not think is
> part of the planner.

I've made a pass over the execPartition.c and partprune.c code
attempting to resolve these issues.  I have hopefully fixed them all,
but I apologise if I've missed any.

I also couldn't resist making a few other improvements to the code.

Вложения