Re: pre-proposal: permissions made easier

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: pre-proposal: permissions made easier
Дата
Re: pre-proposal: permissions made easier  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2009-06-29 at 10:52 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> 1) ALTER SCHEMA SET DEFAULT PRIVILEGES statements which sets default
> permissions, by ROLE and object type, on new objects.
>
> 2) a statement to set privs on all existing objects by type and role
> within a schema.

I don't see why either of these things should be properties of the
schema. It seems to make much more sense for these defaults to be a
property of the user who creates the objects.

If #1 and #2 are both implemented as properties of the user, I think
that solves the use case I brought up. It would still be difficult to
see the overall scheme at a glance, but I don't think that's a major
problem.

Regards,Jeff Davis

Сообщение: Re: Query progress indication - an implementation
Сообщение: Re: Query progress indication - an implementation