Re: Query progress indication - an implementation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Query progress indication - an implementation
Дата
Re: Query progress indication - an implementation  (Peter Hunsberger <peter.hunsberger@gmail.com>)
Re: Query progress indication - an implementation  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> So, while an actual % completed indicator would be perfect, a "query
> steps completed, current step =" would still be very useful and a large
> improvement over what we have now.

I think this is pretty much nonsense --- most queries run all their plan
nodes concurrently to some extent.  You can't usefully say that a query
is "on" some node, nor measure progress by whether some node is "done".