Re: pre-proposal: permissions made easier

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pre-proposal: permissions made easier
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> writes:
> On Mon, 2009-06-29 at 10:52 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> 1) ALTER SCHEMA SET DEFAULT PRIVILEGES statements which sets default
>> permissions, by ROLE and object type, on new objects.
>>
>> 2) a statement to set privs on all existing objects by type and role
>> within a schema.

> I don't see why either of these things should be properties of the
> schema. It seems to make much more sense for these defaults to be a
> property of the user who creates the objects.

That seems fairly backwards to me.  I agree that tying it to schemas
is a bit less flexible than one could wish, but that doesn't make
attaching it to the user the right thing.

Сообщение: Re: Query progress indication - an implementation
Сообщение: Re: Query progress indication - an implementation