Routine vacuuming [analyze] strategy..

От
Тема Routine vacuuming [analyze] strategy..
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Folks,

I Routinely vacuum analyze by database four times a day
if is non locking vacuum (not full)

Vacuum operation takes 15-20 mins
database size is 4 GB.

The problem is the databser server becomes bit slower as
its' load average remains at 2-4 during vacuum.

can anyone tell me if this situation can be made better.
i remember there is a vacuum_mem variable in GUC file.

Does More memory and faster I/O helps?

I currenltly have RAID 1 on 2*36 GB 10 K 80 MB/s HDD
1 GB RAM and PIII 800 Dual Processors m/c.

I know the more frequently u vaccum the lesser time it
takes.

Regds
MAllah.