Re: loading and unloading rows

От Bhuvan A
Тема Re: loading and unloading rows
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> So, I ran psql, did a \o to capture the output,
> did a select * from table where x=y
> whacked the first row in the output file, and added the COPY statement.
test_db=> \pset tuples_only -- does whacking for you

> This seems way too klunky, so I must be going about it all wrong.  In
> Informix-land I would just do a unload then a load.  What is the postgresql
> equivalent?

It is possible. Delimiters can be used while restoring the data file.
Null string specification can also be specified. See,
test_db=> \h COPY
for more details.

In addition you should also do some find and replace in the data file
before restoring it to another database. They are,
s/^\s*//g

Now, i bet you can able to restore.

regards,
bhuvaneswaran