Re: commentds on redhats new database

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: commentds on redhats new database
Дата
plsql in 7.1  (Jie Liang <jliang@ipinc.com>)
Список pgsql-sql
"Ross J. Reedstrom" <reedstrm@rice.edu> writes:
>> could [a fork] potentially happen?

> Sure, we're BSD, so they're under no obligation to share any code changes
> with us.

I really doubt that RedHat is silly enough to want to fork the code.
They haven't forked Linux, gcc, gdb, etc, but have been upstanding
contributors to all those projects; why would they do it differently
with Postgres?

> Haven't noticed many new @redhat.com email address over on HACKERS,
> though, so I wonder if they've done much work on the core.

Some folk at RedHat's Toronto offices are gearing up to contribute work;
I was up there to talk with them just a couple weeks ago.  They've not
been real visible yet though ... (hey Patrick et al: if you're reading
this, it's past time to introduce yourselves).
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: commentds on redhats new database
Сообщение: Re: commentds on redhats new database