Re: pg_notify but no pg_listen?

От A.M.
Тема Re: pg_notify but no pg_listen?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Aug 23, 2010, at 10:18 PM, Craig Ringer wrote:

> On 08/24/2010 06:43 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> A.M. wrote:
>>> There is a new pg_notify function in pgsql 9.0 but no pg_listen
>>> equivalent? Why? It sure would be handy to pass quoted strings...
>>
>> Notify sends the notify;  there is no place to send a 'listen' payload.
>
> I assume what they want is the ability to filter notifications, so they only get notifications with a certain
payload.

> Seems to me that in that case you should just be using different notify values (possibly using the two-argument form
ofpg_notify) so you can listen on different things depending on what you are interested in.

Actually, my use case was for parameterized queries and pl functions where it's much easier to use quoted strings for
thenotification name as well as the payload- it would just be a convenience, really.

Cheers,

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: select from pipe-delimited field
От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: pg_notify but no pg_listen?