Re: pg_notify but no pg_listen?

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: pg_notify but no pg_listen?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 08/24/2010 06:43 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> A.M. wrote:
>> There is a new pg_notify function in pgsql 9.0 but no pg_listen
>> equivalent? Why? It sure would be handy to pass quoted strings...
>
> Notify sends the notify;  there is no place to send a 'listen' payload.

I assume what they want is the ability to filter notifications, so they
only get notifications with a certain payload.

Seems to me that in that case you should just be using different notify
values (possibly using the two-argument form of pg_notify) so you can
listen on different things depending on what you are interested in.

--
Craig Ringer