Re: pg_notify but no pg_listen?

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: pg_notify but no pg_listen?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 24/08/2010 11:06 AM, A.M. wrote:

> On Aug 23, 2010, at 10:18 PM, Craig Ringer wrote:

>>> Notify sends the notify;  there is no place to send a 'listen' payload.
>>
>> I assume what they want is the ability to filter notifications, so they only get notifications with a certain
payload.

>> Seems to me that in that case you should just be using different notify values (possibly using the two-argument form
ofpg_notify) so you can listen on different things depending on what you are interested in.

> Actually, my use case was for parameterized queries and pl functions where it's much easier to use quoted strings for
thenotification name as well as the payload- it would just be a convenience, really.

So what you really want is the ability to pg_listen and pg_notify on a
*name* instead of a numeric key?

--
Craig Ringer

От: "A.M."
Сообщение: Re: pg_notify but no pg_listen?
От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: select from pipe-delimited field