Re: Error running initdb

От David Parker
Тема Re: Error running initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
The reference to /etc/init.d/postgresql was taken from the posting you
pointed me to - I was just trying to determine what part, if any, of
that posting was relevant to my problem.

Running configure with "--without-rpath" seems to have fixed the
problem.

Thanks.

- DAP

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Seymour [mailto:jseymour@linxnet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 1:09 PM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Error running initdb

"David Parker" <dparker@tazznetworks.com> wrote:

[snip]

> I am not running this under a separate username, so the
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH set in my own .cshrc should apply, I would think. Does

> /etc/init.d/postgresql still need to be modified, even if there is no
> special postgresql user?
[snip]

/etc/init.d/postgresql?  Erm, that's a system startup script, which will
be run by root.  You're not running pgsql as root, are you?  Or you're
saying pgsql is being run under your user i.d.?  Either way: I think the
answer to your question is "Yes."

Anyway, you were talking about initdb, not postmaster startup at boot.
If you're setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH and there's not a permissions problem,
that should be sufficient.

Jim

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend