Re: [HACKERS] Detection of IPC::Run presence in SSL TAP tests

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Detection of IPC::Run presence in SSL TAP tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> 001_ssltests.pl in src/test/ssl/ includes the following to skip all
> tests should IPC::Run be not available:
> In all the other tests or modules we don't bother about such a thing
> as prove_check only works if --enable-tap-test is used, and we get a
> hard failure anyway if trying to run the TAP tests with the configure
> switch but without IPC::Run installed. Heikki, this looks like
> unnecessary crafting to me, no? prove_check being enforced in
> Makefile.global already gives enough guarantee.

Certainly, it's pointless to have a defense only here.  And I know very
well that make check falls over in an ugly, hard-to-interpret-if-you've-
not-seen-it-before fashion if you do --enable-tap-tests and don't have
IPC::Run installed.

I'd vote for removing this and adding a configure-time check that
insists on IPC::Run when --enable-tap-tests is given.