[HACKERS] Detection of IPC::Run presence in SSL TAP tests

От Michael Paquier
Тема [HACKERS] Detection of IPC::Run presence in SSL TAP tests
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Detection of IPC::Run presence in SSL TAP tests  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

001_ssltests.pl in src/test/ssl/ includes the following to skip all
tests should IPC::Run be not available:
# Like TestLib.pm, we use IPC::Run
BEGIN
{       eval {               require IPC::Run;               import IPC::Run qw(run start);               1;       } or
do      {               plan skip_all => "IPC::Run not available";         }

}
In all the other tests or modules we don't bother about such a thing
as prove_check only works if --enable-tap-test is used, and we get a
hard failure anyway if trying to run the TAP tests with the configure
switch but without IPC::Run installed. Heikki, this looks like
unnecessary crafting to me, no? prove_check being enforced in
Makefile.global already gives enough guarantee.

Thanks,
--
Michael

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] logical replication busy-waiting on a lock
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] logical replication busy-waiting on a lock