Re: [HACKERS] Detection of IPC::Run presence in SSL TAP tests

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Detection of IPC::Run presence in SSL TAP tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 11:14 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Certainly, it's pointless to have a defense only here.  And I know very
> well that make check falls over in an ugly, hard-to-interpret-if-you've-
> not-seen-it-before fashion if you do --enable-tap-tests and don't have
> IPC::Run installed.
>
> I'd vote for removing this and adding a configure-time check that
> insists on IPC::Run when --enable-tap-tests is given.

There was a patch last year to do something like that:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/56BDDC20.9020506@postgrespro.ru
While Test::More is part of any standard installation, IPC::Run is
not. FWIW, I still think that this is worth checking for. That's way
better than having the TAP tests explode with a weird fatal failure
where one needs to dig into the logs just to find out that the module
is missing.

Attached is an updated patch, with credit mainly going to Eugene
Kazakov. I have run autoconf myself, I know that usually committers do
that... Hope you don't mind.
--
Michael