Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review

От Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Тема Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review
Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review  (Shane Ambler <pgsql@Sheeky.Biz>)
Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review  (Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 16:50 -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> IMO, the patch is reverted, and submitted for 8.4 or pgfoundry.

That means another delay for improving PostgreSQL replication.

I think we are all pretty sure that Jan knows what he is doing -- he has
involved in replication issues for years, and as a long-time core
member, I'm sure that he knows the rules -- but I think this patch will
speed up works on replication.

(Will all respect to pginstaller team, I'm *think* it won't take much
time to add txid to installer, at least compared to the time that we
spent discussing this issue.)

You know, txid was discussed in Slony-I + Skytools lists for a
reasonably long time, and Tom also commented in that thread. I agree
that we broke the policy this time, but this does not mean the end of
the world.

What we should to do is to prevent such things happening in the future,
rather than reverting this patch and delaying replication issues.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Сообщение: Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review
Сообщение: Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review