Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> What we should to do is to prevent such things happening in the future,
> rather than reverting this patch and delaying replication issues.

The next time the same sort of argument will be made. The way to prevent
it in future is not to allow it now.

One of the things that people seem to fail to appreciate is that it
really looks very bad for us when an insider does this. The message we
send to non-insiders is just dreadful. If we want to encourage people to
participate in development then we should all play by the same rules.
One of the things I have found most attractive about the PostgreSQL
community, quite apart from the technical excellence of our product, is
the community's openness, fairness and egalitarianism. And I know I'm
not alone in that. We should guard those qualities jealously.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review
Сообщение: Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review