Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review
Дата
Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review  (Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 17:13 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I go back to my original question, do you understand the process that
> has to be followed for patch submission/application, and that it
> applies to all of us, including you?

I think you're braking a little hard here. Nothing bad has happened has
it?

My understanding of committing stuff was about taking responsibility for
what's in there. Jan definitely has the knowledge and track record to be
trusted, plus we know he has time to fix any mistakes. That close to
release, only Core members should be doing that and Jan is Core.

Personally, I want to see Jan contribute more, not less. The link with
Slony and related replication technology is critically important to
Postgres, which is why Jan has spent so long on it.

Generally we should be encouraging everybody to contribute; the project
must have an orientation towards action and growth if we are to survive.
If Jan had not done this, would there have been a storm of protest?

Anyway, its a good release and its out now.

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com