Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:

> Personally, I want to see Jan contribute more, not less. The link with
> Slony and related replication technology is critically important to
> Postgres, which is why Jan has spent so long on it.
>
> Generally we should be encouraging everybody to contribute; the project
> must have an orientation towards action and growth if we are to survive.
> If Jan had not done this, would there have been a storm of protest?

+1

Having said that, the fact that the discussion happened in a forum other
than -hackers is clearly something to be avoided in future (ISTR
something similar happening with some changes coming from Bizgres a
while ago). I don't know how we can avoid this sort of thing happening
every now and again, except to encourage folk to include -hackers in
their discussions before sending the final patch in (Bruce and others
have stated this previously - maybe we need to re-iterate it few weeks
*before* every feature freeze...)

Cheers

Mark