Re: Auto Partitioning

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Auto Partitioning
Дата
Re: Auto Partitioning  (Markus Schiltknecht <markus@bluegap.ch>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 20:55 +0200, Markus Schiltknecht wrote:

> Questioning the other way around: do we need any sort of multi-table
> indexes at all, or isn't it enough to teach the planner and executor how
> to intelligently scan through (possibly) multiple indexes to get what is
> requested?

No, I don't think we need multi-table indexes at all.

The planner already uses the Append node to put together multiple plans.
The great thing is it will put together IndexScans and SeqScans as
applicable. No need for multi-scans as a special node type.

--  Simon Riggs              EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com