Re: Auto Partitioning

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Auto Partitioning
Дата
Re: Auto Partitioning  ("Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 20:55 +0200, Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
>
>> Questioning the other way around: do we need any sort of multi-table
>> indexes at all, or isn't it enough to teach the planner and executor how
>> to intelligently scan through (possibly) multiple indexes to get what is
>> requested?
>
> No, I don't think we need multi-table indexes at all.

If we don't have multi-table indexes how do we enforce a primary key
against a partitioned set? What about non primary keys that are just
UNIQUE? What about check constraints that aren't apart of the exclusion?

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/