Re: Auto Partitioning

От Markus Schiltknecht
Тема Re: Auto Partitioning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> The planner already uses the Append node to put together multiple plans.
> The great thing is it will put together IndexScans and SeqScans as
> applicable. No need for multi-scans as a special node type.

Yes... only that mixing 'concurrent' index scans in the right order
would probably save us an extra sort step in some cases. Consider this
with hash partitioning on (id):
  SELECT * FROM test WHERE id > 1 AND id < 9999999 ORDER BY id;

Every partition should have an index on (id), so we already have pretty
well sorted data, we just need to mix the results of the index scan in
the correct order, no?

Regards

Markus