Re: exit code 139 performing initdb (pg 9.1 on linux)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: exit code 139 performing initdb (pg 9.1 on linux)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gunthard_St=FCbs?= <stuebs2009@gmx.de> writes:
>> What kernel and glibc versions are you running, exactly?

> Linux version 2.4.21-266-default
> GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.2 (20030827)

Yeah, we've seen this before.  What it boils down to is that kernels
prior to 2.6.x don't have posix_fadvise but older versions of glibc
think they do.  Some googling says that was fixed in glibc 2.3.5-3,
so probably updating to that or later would be the simplest solution.

(It also seems the bug is specific to 64-bit builds, but I doubt
you want to fall back to a 32-bit build of Postgres.)