Re: Re: A prepared statement ERROR due to EMPTY_QUERY is defined as a static Instance.

От Naoya Anzai
Тема Re: Re: A prepared statement ERROR due to EMPTY_QUERY is defined as a static Instance.
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

Empty Query has a query response('I') without any data.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/protocol-message-formats.html
(see EmptyQueryResponse)

In addition, PostgreSQL curtails the execution process.
(see Postgres.c:exec_execute_message)

Regards,

Naoya

> I have never seen anyone use an empty query before. I doubt it saves any bandwidth as I believe there would be a
queryresponse

> Dave Cramer
>
> dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
> http://www.credativ.ca
>

> On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 9:22 PM, David Johnston <polobo@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>     Naoya Anzai wrote
>
>     > Hi Dave,
>     >
>     > Thanks for your response.
>     >
>     >> Thanks for the patch! Curious how would you ever come across this ?
>     >
>     > This incident was reported by one of our customers.
>     > So I don't know why their application executes EMPTY_QUERY frequently...
>     >
>     > Regards,
>

>     The most obvious reason would be as a keep-alive query...I have no idea
>     whether that is a wise decision compared to "SELECT 1;" or something that
>     actually causes the server to perform work (i.e., what does the server do
>     when it see the empty-string as input?).
>
>     David J.
>

>     --

---
Naoya Anzai