Re: Re: A prepared statement ERROR due to EMPTY_QUERY is defined as a static Instance.

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Re: A prepared statement ERROR due to EMPTY_QUERY is defined as a static Instance.
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
I have never seen anyone use an empty query before. I doubt it saves any bandwidth as I believe there would be a query response

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 9:22 PM, David Johnston <polobo@yahoo.com> wrote:
Naoya Anzai wrote
> Hi Dave,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
>> Thanks for the patch! Curious how would you ever come across this ?
>
> This incident was reported by one of our customers.
> So I don't know why their application executes EMPTY_QUERY frequently...
>
> Regards,

The most obvious reason would be as a keep-alive query...I have no idea
whether that is a wise decision compared to "SELECT 1;" or something that
actually causes the server to perform work (i.e., what does the server do
when it see the empty-string as input?).

David J.