Re: [HACKERS] TODO list updated

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] TODO list updated
Дата
RE: [HACKERS] TODO list updated  ("Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue@tpf.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-hackers
TODO item comments:

* -SELECT foo UNION SELECT foo is incorrectly simplified to SELECT foo

The above is NOT done.

* prevent primary key that exceeds max index columns [primary]

The above is done as of yesterday.

* Fix memory leak for expressions[memory](Tom?)

This isn't going to happen for 7.0, looks like :-(

* -Allow compression of large fields or a compressed field type

This has to be marked not-done again, unless Jan manages to squeeze
it back in via the toaster before Feb.

* Pull requested data directly from indexes, bypassing heap data

I doubt this is ever going to happen --- to make it possible, we'd
have to store tuple-commit status in index entries as well as in the
tuples themselves.  That would be a substantial space and speed penalty;
is the potential gain really worth it?

* -Convert function(constant) into a constant for index use(Tom)

Bernard Frankpitt should get the bulk of the credit for that one, not me.

* Allow LIMIT ability on single-table queries that have no ORDER BY to use a matching index [limit]
* Improve LIMIT processing by using index to limit rows processed [limit]
* Have optimizer take LIMIT into account when considering index scans [limit]

I agree with Hiroshi that these entries are redundant.

* -Make index creation use psort code, because it is now faster(Vadim)

I did that, not Vadim.

* -elog() flushes cache, try invalidating just entries from current xact, perhaps using invalidation cache

I don't think this is done?

* -Process const = const parts of OR clause in separate pass(Tom)

Again, mostly Frankpitt.

Some other things I did that aren't mentioned in TODO, but perhaps
deserve to be shown as 7.0 fixes:

* Interlock to prevent DROP DATABASE on a database with running backends

* Buffer reference counting bugfixes

* Fix libpq bug that causes it to drop backend error message sent just before connection closure (ie, any FATAL error
message:-().

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] TODO list updated
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] TODO list updated