Re: Bloated pg_shdepend_depender_index

От Rafael Martinez Guerrero
Тема Re: Bloated pg_shdepend_depender_index
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 17:43, Jim C. Nasby wrote:

> Therein lies part of the problem: enough disk space. Now that we're
> seeing more and more use of PostgreSQL in data warehousing, it's
> becomming less safe to assume you'll have enough disk space to fix bloat
> on large tables. Plus I suspect a lot of folks wouldn't be able to
> tolerate being locked out of a table for that long (of course that
> applies to VACUUM FULL as well...)

Hello

Exactly this issue and that you have to make a 'full' dump/restore
between major release is a big minus I hear everywhere I explain/discuss
about postgres for 24/7 and big databases.

It would be wonderful to see a solution to these two 'problems' in the
future so postgres becomes an even better product than it is now.

--
Rafael Martinez, <r.m.guerrero@usit.uio.no>
University of Oslo, Norway

PGP Public Key: http://folk.uio.no/rafael/