Re: Bloated pg_shdepend_depender_index

От Andy Shellam
Тема Re: Bloated pg_shdepend_depender_index
Список pgsql-admin

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Rafael Martinez
Guerrero
Sent: Tuesday, 28 March, 2006 1:09 PM
To: Jim C. Nasby
Cc: Tom Lane; Peter Eisentraut; pgsql-admin@postgresql.org; Gregory Maxwell
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Bloated pg_shdepend_depender_index

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 17:43, Jim C. Nasby wrote:

> Therein lies part of the problem: enough disk space. Now that we're
> seeing more and more use of PostgreSQL in data warehousing, it's
> becomming less safe to assume you'll have enough disk space to fix bloat
> on large tables. Plus I suspect a lot of folks wouldn't be able to
> tolerate being locked out of a table for that long (of course that
> applies to VACUUM FULL as well...)

Hello

Exactly this issue and that you have to make a 'full' dump/restore
between major release is a big minus I hear everywhere I explain/discuss
about postgres for 24/7 and big databases.

It would be wonderful to see a solution to these two 'problems' in the
future so postgres becomes an even better product than it is now.

--
Rafael Martinez, <r.m.guerrero@usit.uio.no>
University of Oslo, Norway

PGP Public Key: http://folk.uio.no/rafael/