Re: the best linux or bsd for postgresql

От Devrim GUNDUZ
Тема Re: the best linux or bsd for postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 12:24 -0400, Ing. Jhon Carrillo // Caracas,
Venezuela wrote:

> What is the best linux or bsd for postgresql 8.x?
>
> i'm replacing a oracle system on suse enterprise 8 with clustering,
> dataguard, ......
>
> I need high and good performance for my system.

Red Hat kernel includes various improvements against vanilla kernel. As
far as I've tested between SLES 9 and RHEL 4, RHEL 4 has better
performance on heavy load -- so I do offer RHEL 4 for you PostgreSQL
needs.

Regards,