Re: installation of postgresql8.0.1 on Solaris 10

От Mario Splivalo
Тема Re: installation of postgresql8.0.1 on Solaris 10
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Did you download the source or precompiled binary? It seems to me that
either you don't have libreadline.so.4 installed on your system, or your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not pointing to the right place.

Neverthenless, on my system, I have it like this:

[flyb] [/tmp/majk/postgresql-8.1.0] 2 > locate libreadline
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so.3
[flyb] [/tmp/majk/postgresql-8.1.0] 2 >

But, I downloaded source and compiled postgreSQL myself. I was able to
run initdb to create the cluster, then I run the postmaster, psql,
everything worked.

It's just that compilation took more than two hours on Sun Fire
something with UltraSparc2.

    Mike

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 01:19 -0800, olive Mckenzie wrote:
> I typed
>
> # su postgres
> $ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
>
> Then I got the message
>
> $ ld.so.l: /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb: fatal: libreadline.so.4: open
> failed: No such file or directory
>
> Note /usr/local/pgsql/data is owned by postgres
>

> Olive
>
> Mario Splivalo <mario.splivalo@mobart.hr> wrote:
>         On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 02:16 -0800, olive Mckenzie wrote:
>         > Is there any one that has postgresql running on Solaris 10.
>         Please
>         > could you let me know how you did it. I have had this
>         problem for 2
>         > months and no one seems to know how to solve it.
>         >
>         >
>         > Regards
>         >
>         > Olive Mckenzie
>         >
>         > Note I am a student and I need to get this system running in
>         order to
>         > develope my dissertation I am running out of time, and
>         becomming quite
>         > concern if this is an insurmountable problem.
>
>         Could you be more specific with the problems you're having?
>         I'm running
>         Postgres 7.4.9 on Solaris10 with no troubles. I'm just
>         compiling
>         Postgres8.1 to see how it 'behaves'. If you could be more
>         specific I'd
>         know what to look in to.
>
>         Mike

Mario Splivalo
Mob-Art
mario.splivalo@mobart.hr

"I can do it quick, I can do it cheap, I can do it well. Pick any two."