Replication

От barry@e-rm.co.uk
Тема Replication
Дата
Re: Replication  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: Replication  ("Simon Riggs" <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: Replication  (Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii@sra.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I currently have a postgresql 8 system which I want to replicate
(ideally in realtime) with a spare host in order to introduce some
redundancy - eg. if the master server dies then I've got a ready-to-go
backup.  Switchover does not have to be automated.

I've looked into commandprompt.com's mammoth system, but it only
supports up to 1000 tables (the documentation doesn't mention this!) -
the database in question has more than 1000 tables, and adds new tables
regularly.  Slony-I and pgpool apparently don't support dynamic
schemas, which I'd obviously need, so they're not quite up to the job
either.

I'm currently looking at some sort of hack-job with the WAL archives
(see http://www.issociate.de/board/index.php?t=msg&goto=443099), but
this looks like a slightly flaky approach - have I missed the obvious
solution?  Is there any stable software available which can replicate a
large and dynamic number of tables?

Cheers,

Barry