Re: Replication

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
barry@e-rm.co.uk wrote:

>I've looked into commandprompt.com's mammoth system, but it only
>supports up to 1000 tables (the documentation doesn't mention this!) -
>the database in question has more than 1000 tables, and adds new tables
>regularly.  Slony-I and pgpool apparently don't support dynamic
>schemas, which I'd obviously need, so they're not quite up to the job
>either.

Actually the theorectical limit for the Mammoth system is 10,000 tables,
we have only tested up to 1000. This is metioned quite clearly on the
website.
It should be noted that if Slony-I won't do what you need then Mammoth
probably
would not either.

Although Mammoth can add new tables on the fly as long as those tables
are empty. If they are not empty they would cause a full sync to occur.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: If an index is based on 3 columns will a query using two of the columns utilize the index?
От: Teodor Sigaev
Сообщение: Re: If an index is based on 3 columns will a query using