Re: Replication

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Replication
Дата
Re: Replication  (Russ Brown <pickscrape@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Barry,

You can use PITR to archive transaction logs to a second server that is
kept in standby mode.

This will cope with any number of tables and cope with dynamic changes
to tables.

This is fairly straightforward and very low overhead.
Set archive_command to a program that transfers xlog files to second
server.
Then set restore_command on the second server to a program that loops
until the next file is available.
Switchover time is low.

Best Regards, Simon Riggs