Re: pgsql client/server compatibility matrix?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: pgsql client/server compatibility matrix?
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 16:17, Ed L. wrote:
> Can someone help find (or create) a client/server compatibility
> matrix that shows which client versions are compatible with
> which server versions?  For example,
>
> server:  7.1.2  7.2.1  7.2.2  7.2.3 ...
>
> client
> ======
> 7.1.2     Yes    No      No    No   ...
> 7.2.1     No
> 7.2.2     No
> 7.2.3     No
> 7.3       ...
> 7.3.1
>
> I'd be happy to contribute it to the docs.

In version 7.3, the support for the pgsql V 6.2 FE/BE protocol was
removed.  So, what you might want to do is look for which versions of
the FE/BE protocol have been added over time.  Basically, the server
will fall back to whatever version it has to in order to communicate,
and after V 7.3, the oldest clients, the ones written with the release
of 6.2 would now fail.  So, the chart, for versions 6.3 and up would be
kind boring on a Yes No basis.

So, I'd toss in the FE/BE versions.

I don't have that real handy, but Tom or Bruce probably know (mostly)
all that off the top of their heads.

Сообщение: Re: db slowness + upgrade prospects
Сообщение: Re: db slowness + upgrade prospects