Re: problems with user rights

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: problems with user rights
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 10:14, John DeSoi wrote:
> On Mar 30, 2005, at 10:17 AM, Zouari Fourat wrote:
>
> > is it really secure in a shared hosting environnement case ?
> > do you advise me to offer pgsql in a shared hosting ?
>
> You can do all of the necessary things to control access to the
> databases. You just can't hide that they exist if you provide a way to
> directly query the database. There are may companies providing shared
> hosting. I'm not aware of any security issues.

My preferred way to setup accecss is to use the sameuser setting in
pg_hba.conf, which lets a user only connect to the database of their
name.  Nicely partitions the server with minimum configuration needed.

Сообщение: Re: compilation problem with readline
Сообщение: Re: compilation problem with readline