Re: PostGreSql equivalents to mssql

От
Тема Re: PostGreSql equivalents to mssql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Hi,
>    i am a novice at PostGreSQL
>    but have some idea of MsSqlServer
>
>    Migrating to PostGreSql, i need to know how capable pgsql Functions
>    are , Vis a Vis SQLServer. can pgsql functions replace all
>    functionality provided by Stored Procedures of MSSqlServer

Dear Adivi ,

Congratulations on choosing the most advanced  opensource database on earth.
You can expect all the support from the nice people residing here ;-)

>    specifically:
>     1. do pgsql Functions
>        a.> return datasets

yes postgresql 7.3.x  CAN
check
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/SetReturningFunctions
for details.

>        b.> return output parameters

I dont get this question very much, someone else might be
able to help u here.

>     2. does PostGreSQL have an equivalent to Triggers of SQLServer

Yes very much,
check Triggers sections in the postgresql Documentation.

> i'd also appreciate any links to find out about
>
>    the possibility of exporting
>        data
>        relations
>        stored procs / functions / Triggers
>
>    from PostGreSQL database.

check http://techdocs.postgresql.org/#convertfrom
and specifically the
#

Microsoft SQL Server
# Converting your data from MS SQL Server 7 to PostgreSQL 7.1.x by Ryan C.
Bonham#HOWTO : Microsoft SQL Server to PostgreSQL Migration by Ian Harding

Section.