Re: Postgres IDENT auth problems...

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Postgres IDENT auth problems...
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 21:38, Jens Porup wrote:

> The request tracker database setup script dies trying to connect to
> the database:
>
>         DBI connect('dbname=template1;host=localhost','rtuser',...) failed: could not
>         connect to server: Connection refused at /usr/sbin/rt-setup-database line 110
>
> I can connect manually to the database, like so:
>
>         root@request-tracker:~# psql -d template1 -U rtuser -W
>         Password:
>         Welcome to psql 7.4.2, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.
>
> But it fails if I specify the host:
>
>         root@request-tracker:~# psql -d template1 -U rtuser -h localhost -W
>         Password:
>         psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused
>         Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
>         TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
> Now before you ask:
>
> Yes, the following lines appear uncommented in my
> /etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf:
>
>         tcpip_socket = true
>         port = 5432
>
> But then:
>
>         root@request-tracker:~# netstat -auntp
>
> shows postmaster running on a udp port???
>
>         udp        0      0 127.0.0.1:1042          127.0.0.1:1042 ESTABLISHED18375/postmaster

But can you nmap it?   And that's not the right default port 5432...
Maybe it's some new feature I'm familiar with, or you've changed it.

What does nmap <ip> show?

> A server restart shows:
>
>         root@request-tracker:~# /etc/init.d/postgresql restart
>         Stopping PostgreSQL database server: autovacuumNo pg_autovacuum found running;
>         none killed.
>         postmaster.
>         Starting PostgreSQL database server: postmaster autovacuum.

Sounds like a firewall to me.

> What is pg_autovacuum anyway? I dunno....

Coolest thing since sliced bread?  It's a process that comes along and
cleans house in the back ground, without putting the onus of keeping the
database well cleaned on the average user.

> And finally, I *do* have lines in my pg_hba.conf file (and yes, in the correct
> order) to allow my user 'rtuser' to connect to template1:
>
>         host    template1   rtuser    127.0.0.1    255.255.255.255   password
>         local   template1   rtuser                                   password
>         host    rtdb        rtuser    127.0.0.1    255.255.255.255   password
>         local   rtdb        rtuser                                   password

Yeah, you'd see it as a different error, one about not having permission
to connect, like:

psql: FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "10.0.0.2", user "postgres",
database "postgres", SSL off

Hope that helps.

Сообщение: Re: Postgres IDENT auth problems...
Сообщение: Re: Postgres IDENT auth problems...